Tips For Cleaning Your House
- This can make for one of the best tips ever - Always start at the top of the room and work your way down. Always clean top to bottom. Even while dusting, start from the top and proceed downwards.
- Carry all cleaning tools with you into each room before you begin work. This will help you avoid unnecessary trips to the room and away from the room.
- You better unplug the phone and the turn off the T.V as well. You don't want any distractions while cleaning. If there are distractions, it will only slow down the process.
- You must eliminate clutter. Remember, an uncluttered home looks a lot better than one that is dust-free, but in a mess.
- Clean a room as soon as it gets dirty! It takes a lot less time to remove 'fresh' dirt than old. Do clean and put away stuff after you use it. This is better than cleaning the pile-up that might accumulate over time.
- Baking soda does wonders. Leave some on your carpet overnight. It will absorb musty odors from the space. A house that smells fresh is always better than one that doesn't. Do remember to vacuum clean your house every morning.
- In order to cut down on dirt brought in from outside, place a big 'AstroTurf' mat on the porch.
- Place a hamper in every bathroom. This is not only essential to reduce clutter, but also to maintain a hygienic bathroom.
- Each and everyone in your family should be in charge of making his or her own bed and picking up their stuff. This kind of labor division will help you organize various cleaning processes.
- Make a checklist. When you complete a job, tick it soon after. This will even give you a sense of having accomplished something.
Many a time, keeping your homes squeaky clean isn't enough because you just might have an allergy to deal with. In such cases, some extra efforts are required on your part:
- Air condition your home. Though this might not really be inexpensive, it still is a good investment, especially if you are allergic to dust. This will also prevent dust from entering your home too often.
- Keep bathrooms free of mold and fungus. If you are allergic to dampness, you better be 'wary' of your bathroom because it is the dampest part of your house.
- Pets! You might love those four-legged friends of yours, but try restricting them to certain areas. Animal fur can be very allergic to humans.
- Enclose your fireplace. This will prevent the ashes from accumulating in other spaces of your house.
- Avoid using furry rugs and carpets on the floor, especially if your pet wanders around too often. Animal fur on rugs and carpets can cause severe health problems.
- Make your home a smoke-free zone. Put a ban on cigars and cigarettes.
- You must vacuum everything at least once a week. This will prevent dust and dirt from accumulating.
If you do follow these instructions, you're sure to become an expert at home cleaning